Monday, August 20, 2012

Something to brighten your day...

There are no better memories than those you create with family and friends.  This past weekend the kids and I traveled to my parents house and then headed to see an old friend from college.  We made great memories hiking at a state park, adventuring into a cave, swimming at the hotel, staying up late to play board games, and laughing...lots of laughing.

After arriving at mom and dad's house and transferring everything back to my car, I gave my dad a big hug and then embraced my mom.  Realizing I never know how many more of these moments I'll have, I closed my eyes and just thanked God.  At that moment, my two oldest (ages 8 and 6) came running in and joined in on the hug and started chanting "group hug".  Hearing this, my dad crossed the room with a gigantic smile on his face and engulfed us all into his comforting hug.  We were not quick to withdraw, but instead lingered in the moment that God blessed us with.  What a perfect ending to a wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment