Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lovely

Nobody tells you that the hardest part of motherhood isn't the lack of sleep you get, potty training, or disciplining.  Everyone tells you about all of those things and often give you their expert advice on how to survive these difficult tasks.  But nobody tells you the hardest part of motherhood is learning how to become a part-time chef.  For some reason, us moms take it to heart when we spend quality time in the kitchen preparing what we think is a delicious and nutritious meal only to receive scrunched up noses and bursts of "ewww", "I don't like that", "that's disgusting", or "what is that?".  With dropped shoulders of failure, I pull out that old faithful response my mother so graciously passed down to me, "You'll eat it and you'll like it."

However, you can imagine my surprise tonight when I decided to try something new and received a completely different reaction.  Although there was a little skepticism at first, as I dished out the meal they all dug in and loved it.  How rewarding!  What a feeling of accomplishment!  Not only did they show their appreciation by cleaning their plates, but my son gave me a surprisingly unusual response to the crunchy chicken meal.  "This crust is LOVELY"




No comments:

Post a Comment